View Single Post
      02-14-2021, 03:12 PM   #16081
sc_tr0jan_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbr8king View Post
If an NT01 is a fair baseline for what 100tw is, RR is a fair baseline for what a 40tw tire is. It's a few seconds faster over a 2 min lap than NT01. AO52 is a bad baseline for what 200tw is, and is likely closer to 40tw. It's basically an RR with a little tread, that wears worse, but quite a bit more expensive. It doesn't compute.

People talk about the AO52 being shot after 3 track days. I haven't tried them because there is literally zero reason when the RR exists. They aren't going to be faster. They aren't going to last longer, and they aren't going to cost less.

I can get 4-5 days out of a set of RR's (25ish heat cycles). They are typically their fastest right at the end, and when it's over it's over. I like that lap time curve in a DE tire. Get's faster and faster until it dies, unlike the tires that start fast and decline in grip all the way to the cords.

Do they suck in the wet? oh yea. I either swap to my street tires for wet track days or if it's just damp keep em on, getting free laps with little to no tire wear and work on catching slides/car control.
good to know. thanks for the comparison. i might have to put the RR back on the "to try" list after the S3R.

i never tried the A052's because they drop off too fast. i need a tire that has some life to it since i go to the track at least twice a month.

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::
Appreciate 0