Thread: TV MODULE
View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 05:26 PM   #20
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

YEAP you re correct. Many people dont know that but new TV module allows you to watch FULL screen and it is a function of the module not the CIC or FBAS!

Unfortunately i cant use OEM module cause there is no TV module for the USA TV frequency (ATSC) that is made only one works is South Korean modules which i couldnt find at all! UK (DVB-T DVB-T2)

But if you can find me one i will happy to get and do the retrofit

Other than that good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
SaNGRia, did you manage to get this working....

I did some more digging and testing on mine and I tried again with the newer type TV module.

It was the RSE unit, TV module for BMW X5 E70 X6 E71 6550 9224300

I chose the RSE because it has the 3rd antennas, the (pink) is used for continual scanning of channels, both green and brown will scan periodically (and when you manually search), but the pink one does it as a matter of course, because this tv module is normally used in rear seat entertainment options. Plus it was really really cheap.

I suspect that most new type tv modules will work, as the MOST interface is the one that carries all the control/interface signals, the main plug just has power and video out, so i **think** that any RSE, dvt, dvt-t, dvt-t2 will work fine (in the UK, but that's just a guess), the china/japan/korea ones wont.

Pinouts are

For the TV 12 pin plug (x14454)

1: power
12: gnd

2: video +
7: shield
8: video -

cic single plug

18: video +
27: shield
28: video -

Coding: code tv option to car and then make sure you edit the cic confit so that the TV option is :-

TVM_VARIANTEN
tvm_dvb_t_rse = activ

for older type

TVM_VARIANTEN
vm_l4_most_fkat = activ

Also check option

TV
is wert = 21 this selects the correct input pins for the tv video input. (18,27,28)

RVC
if you also have the backup camera then make sure this is set to wert 23 = camera video input. (21,23,24)

NOTE: as long as its coded orrectly in the cic , it does not matter which wert you use for either tv or rvc, they will both work for each application and vise versa. As long as the correct input is assigend to the correct FBAS, then it just works.

I got over 65 channels and over 40 dab radio stations and the scan bar in the settings menu actually works correctly (not so with the older tv modules), seems to pick up more channels too.

Works in widecreen and the epg is much better than the older unit.

Also for the newer TV module there is a different bracket that sits next to the combox/tcu/mulf

Correct e9x bracket
newer style tv module is 9176373,
older style tv module 6945074

BTW: fullscreen (wide) is a function of the tv module, the older units were meant for a 6.5" screen so that was their "wide", zoom will strech the picture as much as it can without effecting the aspect ratio, newer modules were meant for the 8.8"/10" screen so produce a fullscreen.

Also: Pretty sure there was a USA region option when I looked in the setting too.

I have just had this working on the bench so far, will be installing in the car when i get back from holiday, i will 100% confirm when its done.

UPDATE

Installed in car and confirmed all working.....
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0