10-05-2020, 06:07 AM   #18
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
The first change was when I bought the car 5 yrs ago @ 70k kms - New fluid only, and the fluid was black as hell. That stuff had probably been in the gearbox since it left the factory.

2nd change was 20k kms later, with new filters and stock oil pan due to a weeping pan. Fluid was relatively clean.

3rd change was 30k kms later. A bit excessive, I know, but I'm OCD that way. Fluid was relatively clean.

4th change was 30k kms later with new filters, when I installed my Slon pan. Stock pan was still in good shape.

So it's been 4 DCT fluid changes in 5 yrs/70k kms. Gearbox is in superb shape, shifts are swift and sharp. I also have an Alpine GTS DCT tune. I'll probably do fluid changes every 40k km/2 yrs moving forward.
Cheers mate. Got a new box installed at 30k km (due to dealer poured MT fluid in). At 76k km now and plan to get the box down for sensor shift, workshop suggest new filter/fluid which sounds I might as well get done then.

Sounds like you do the fluid change yourself, according to BMWs procedure with engine running at 2k RPM etc?
Appreciate 0