View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 10:03 AM   #1218
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
I don't know, it seems incredibly juvenile to me.

I'm not going to stop listening to "insert X band" because some celebrity wore their Tshirt. Or stop driving BMWs because everyone who drives one is a prick, etc, etc. I was in slacks and a tie when I went to go see The Melvins a few years ago because I got off work late. I wonder if others in the crowd immediately stopped liking them because I was there? lol

I guess I didn't realize many adults were so insecure about stuff like this.
Ok, yes; this mentality is juvenile. I think maybe I didn't come across in the correct manner. No, I am not the guy that stops listening to a band or ceases behavioral tendencies because anything related to popular cultural fads. My original comment about the Vans is that it's funny to me how things go in and out of popularity and the people that only buy it because everyone else is. That is all. I see your point of my coming across as petty and insecure now that I understand your pov. My original thought wasn't so much....complaining as it was geared toward the mindset of what makes people buy what they do and fads going in and out of style.

We all have brands or styles that we associate/rep. In the same sense it is odd to see certain styles or brands being worn by individuals that typically don't wear them due to whatever reason. For example, a Phillies Blunt T-shirt being worn by a member of The Beastie Boys would draw no attention (aside from people suddenly buying Phillies Blunt t-shirts because Ad-Rock had one on or someone saw it for the first time and wanted it) however, if a police officer were to pull you over and was wearing a Phillies Blunt t-shirt and not in uniform, it would be rather odd no? This was my point.
Appreciate 2