View Single Post
      08-05-2020, 05:58 AM   #13291
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

About 90% done with installing my old Pole Position using BK mounts for the OE sliders.

I guessed on the fitment first try and that got me pretty close. Seat looks off center from the outside but from the actual seat you can't feel it at all. I'll goof with it a bit but it doesn't need to be perfect.

The lower position is very nice. Curious how this big car is going to feel sitting lower and more held in place.

I'm not disappointed in the quality of the BK mount but based on what I've seen others post I feel like maybe it's a bit hyped? Nothing about this setup feels that much better than other aftermarket slider setups I've used in the past on other cars. I've used my share of crappy ones but I've also had some that were as good as I could ask short of something not on a slider.
***disclaimer, I haven't actually driven the car yet, just sat my butt in the seat and wiggled around***

I do think I'm ultimately going to try and swap it to my power slider from my OE seats but I'm not in a huge rush. I really just want to go test the car with a bucket. My intention all along was to keep my Sportsters in the car 95% of the time and the few times I really want the extra holding I'd just have a complete ready to drop in setup with my Pole Position. That said, if the bucket makes the car feel that much better instantly it may just stay.