Quote:
Originally Posted by StripclubDJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeveragedTiger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
It is normal to have slight differences in wear between sides with brake pads after heavy track use. Nothing to be worried about.

I'm fairly familiar with Mission from people I know that track out there. I'm a bit confused by your comment regarding trail braking into turn 4 - especially with as much pedal pressure as you suspect your using (50%). Turns 1-3 are good examples of turns that would be beneficial to trail brake into. Faster sweepers are usually the type of corner where you wouldn't be trail braking into - especially with that much brake pressure at the apex. You'd likely be faster and have the car more stable if you were to get almost all your braking done in a straight line before turn 4, turn in while rolling in speed and get back to full throttle around the apex. Turn 5 at my home track is quite similar to turn 4 at Mission and the latter proved to be faster, more consistent and more confidence inspiring (in this type of corner) - and the data showed it was faster. So something to just keep in mind and maybe try next time out!
I should probably reword. Trail brake is about 40-50% on turn in, then bleed off to light throttle through the apex like Dreamer99 said.

Fair point in trying the corner with less aggressive braking and see how it goes. I seem to have a bias to thinking if the car feels loose, and I'm as fast as possible.
50% is still hard on the brakes no?
Go away

You don't track anymore
I'll come back when you can keep up. So like in 20 years? Lolol