View Single Post
      06-24-2020, 05:42 PM   #3
BMW0033
Rep
Drives: 01' 330CI, 02' 330XI, 08 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by butte2butte View Post
You'll have to use sandpaper. No compound is going to cut that out. Get some 5k discs, maybe 1 3k sponge and a big bottle of water. After that you can decide if it needs base + clear+wet sand+cut/polish or b) just clear, another wet sand, and then a compound/polish (only if you're going for 99% fix) you can cut some of those steps out if you just seek a basic improvement.
Thanks for the reply. I have a 6 inch orbital for the compound/polish. I started looking for some 5,000 grit and 3,000 grit discs. I was surprised by the cost. I will need to do more research on the standard discs vs. the foam discs. I'm also concerned with the amount of work it will take to get that off, with a big 6 inch pad, will dig into the clear coat significantly.

I don't think I have the ability to apply base+clear or just clear after this process. Seems like proper spray equipment is needed to do that. I am not sure how that would blend into the original as well ... even after the compound stage. I am not going for 99% fix but I am hoping for a step above basic improvement.

More research to do but I appreciate the information.
Appreciate 0