05-29-2020, 04:57 PM   #77
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksm3 View Post
Ahhhhhh that wasn't stated in the email from Drift. I assumed it came complete with the housing and all, plug up and play. What I like with drift though, he stated the parts are used but are ready to hit the track. Diffsonline requires a 1000 mile break in period

As for your question on ramp angles and such from Diffsonljne. I'm still researching. This is still new to me as it's a learning curve. Trying to decide which to go with :
Yeah, so that's the LSD itself and all the parts needed for assembly. You will need to reuse your existing housing or buy another.

Ramp angles don't mean much as the same ramp will vary in the amount it locks depending on number of clutches. I'd recommend something at least 1.5 way (locking on accel and some lock on coast), something in the range of 50%-70% lock on accel.

My drexler is a 2-way on my car, 60% lock on accel and coast. This is mainly personal preference and driving style orientated. I like a stable car on entry, and a 2-way, or diff that locks a good amount under coast will stabilize the back end and allow more stable entry and better trail braking performance. I believe the standard 1.5 way from driftflo is 70% accel/50% coast. Again, it's all preference. I'm not sure what OG Shark has in his, but I'd assume the 'standard' ramp angles? We're both really happy with our diffs.

Unfortunately my track day earlier this month, and tomorrow, got cancelled, so no onboard videos yet.

Even if we were to assume the diffsonline setup is better (which, it very well might NOT be), the difference is going to very small between a 8vs10 clutch setup. From talking to Dan and driftflo when I was going through the process myself, the actual internals between the 2 are quite similar. Overall I liked a few of the features from the drexler a bit more (special drilled molybdenum-coated clutch material and lightweight pressure rings) and the slightly lower price swung me in that direction.
Appreciate 0