YungField
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Make no mistake, a 625/650 kitted E9X is no slouch. It is immensely powerful while still maintaining the high strung, rev happy nature of the car. If you're constantly comparing drag timeslips online then yes, you might feel outgunned but it's more than you'd ever need in a streetcar. All cost comparisons aside, you can always add power to a platform like an E9X. You can't however add build quality, chassis feel, refinement, and classic styling to the alternatives listed. Therefore, if you want the best of all worlds, get a supercharged E9X. Like the poster above me, I no longer look for the next car.
It's one thing to say that you just really like a car and want it faster. I did that with my corrado because I didn't enjoy how slow it was when I would take it on road courses. It just wasn't fun and I've never subscribed to the "slow car fast" thing. I wasn't trying to keep up with anything else though. It was strictly for my own enjoyment because I really liked the car otherwise. So I get that. But the other poster was throwing out more modern and way faster cars as some type of target. I just don't think that's a good way to enjoy anything. It's a surefire way to constantly be disappointed with the car.

I will also say this. I think the e9x is fast enough stock for what it is. But adding 100+hp and actually keeping the stock balance between power and handling requires upgrading everything else. This is particularly true if you're going to drive the car hard beyond the occasional highway pull into the triple digits. You really do change the dynamics of the car with a substantial power gain. BMW designs/engineers their vehicles to behave in a certain way, in certain situations, with specific power output.
The e9x is fast for me and I love the sound of that S65. I decided to just keep the car and do simple mods to my taste
Appreciate 0