View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 07:46 AM   #24
Deebo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
I think that's the thing though. Why spend so much money trying to make it like the cars you listed? Why not just buy one of those cars instead? None of these cars have great resale and are definitely something attainable in the used market. And let's be honest, once you buy a factory blown V8, you have so much more room for power than anything close to what you'll reliably get out of the S65. If you're always chasing what's modern, you're always going to be disappointed with what you own.
Make no mistake, a 625/650 kitted E9X is no slouch. It is immensely powerful while still maintaining the high strung, rev happy nature of the car. If you’re constantly comparing drag timeslips online then yes, you might feel outgunned but it’s more than you’d ever need in a streetcar. All cost comparisons aside, you can always add power to a platform like an E9X. You can’t however add build quality, chassis feel, refinement, and classic styling to the alternatives listed. Therefore, if you want the best of all worlds, get a supercharged E9X. Like the poster above me, I no longer look for the next car.
Appreciate 2
M3R12216.50