View Single Post
      05-11-2020, 07:28 AM   #70
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal.

This update takes place in March 2020.

Something happened…something BIG!

Every day for the past 9 months, I go on the For Sale section of M3Post to look for the Vorsteiner E90 M3 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Type II. As of the past 2 months, I’ve been swamped with work so that hasn’t happened.

I’m beyond thankful I have friends like Ross (M3Post Member: "Senpai") and Alex (M3Post Member: "acarr6"), because the one time I wasn’t checking the For Sale section, the Vorsteiner E90 M3 Diffuser popped up in a subtle thread title.

My buddy Alex texted me the moment he saw it pop up. You’ll see below from my replies that I wasn’t really paying attention to his message because I was on the phone with a client.

When I got off with my client, I clicked the forum link faster than the speed of light! The seller, Austin (M3Post member: "Atf22"), had his gorgeous E90 M3 written off by insurance due to a deer impact claim, so he was parting out bits of his car. He listed his partout thread in the Suspension For Sale category and subtly titled his thread: “Misc. Parts.” In that thread, as you saw above from the screenshot that Alex sent me, the Vorsteiner E90 M3 Diffuser was in there.

I’ll tell you this, if that had’ve been in the Exterior For Sale section, there would’ve probably been a bidding war.

To ensure Austin sold it to me, I offered him $25USD more than he was looking for, and I would also cover shipping as expected, so he happily agreed, and I’m happy he did because trust me this is going to be well cherished!

A special thank-you to Austin for giving me the opportunity to have my dream Diffuser (glad the search is over), and for overall being a cool person to video-chat with.

A very special thank-you to my friend Alex who always has my back! I wouldn’t be typing this update if it weren’t for you!

Please enjoy the pictures:

Before being paired up with my Varis Lower Carbon Fiber Diffuser, this Vorsteiner Diffuser will be getting the FULL TREATMENT from my good friend Steven@ElevatedAuto, as has been done with all my other Carbon Fiber parts (See page 3).

The OCD Treatment restoration process of this Diffuser involves the following:
1) Deep Clean of Vorsteiner Diffuser to remove all of the dirt.
2) Clay bar to remove any contaminants.
3) Polish to remove all swirls.
4) Apply XPEL PPF.
5) Apply Ceramic Coating.

This is the right way to do it to ensure it always looks perfect. Again, the goal with this car is to restore it to a museum-level, concourse quality, curated with some of the best, most unique and rare parts that this platform has to offer!

Speaking of which, enjoy this teaser and stay tuned for next update!

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 3
Senpai481.50