View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 12:38 PM   #6
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
welcome to the forum!! Great stable you have there!!
Thanks ! it's a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Fox View Post
Beautiful car. Great find, looks like your patience paid off. e46 looks kick ass too! Would love to hear more about how the two compare in your eyes. Have not had the chance to experience the e46 for myself.
Thank ! Yes, the E46 taught me to be very patient in search of the right car. Truthfully, aside from the "M3" name, I don't think there is much of a comparison between the two. The E46 M3 is a weapon while the E92 M3 is a refined cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
Wow, beautiful man and congrats! I'm in a similar boat...I have an f82 ZCP and looking for an e46 or e92 to keep it company. The subframe issues with the e46 scares the crap out of me though and I don't have enough of a comfort level or knowledge on that area to ensure I don't buy one w/ subframe issues or even how to be preventative about it.

I'd be curious to get your opinion after having both of these for some time.
Well, it depends on what your end goal is. A clean E92 M3 is not only easier to find but also perhaps cheaper than a low mileage clean, late model E46 M3. The E92 is more of a solid car with far less common issues and will be much easier on your wallet on the long run as well. They both require rod bearings but the 46M also requires subframe reinforcement, vanos bulletproofing and an expensive SMG pump if you opt for that tranny. They pretty much all will have subframe issues eventually. You will spend thousands of dollars on a 46M to make it a turn key car, so you must choose wisely when you look for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezyF View Post
Nice pick up. NGL.. I came from an e46 as well and I think it was a more fun car to drive
Yes I agree !
Appreciate 2