View Single Post
      04-28-2020, 07:09 PM   #44
cgfr20
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Hi. I've been trying to trouble shoot a similar problem and came across this thread purely by accident when searching for photos of a servo check valve.
Anyway, I did a brake bleed on Sunday and of course I'm and idiot and I let some brake fluid overflow while filling. Since then i've been experiencing a stiff brake pedal after the car has been sitting for a few hours. I assumed it was a leak somewhere in the vacuum lines. Maybe a check valve or servo a gasket and thought maybe the brake fluid had corroded the rubber but I've since found out from a bit of googling that brake fluid doesn't damage rubber so I was ready to put it down to a coincidence that this issue started on the same day as the brake bleed until I found this thread.
It seems likely that I could have damaged the sensor but so far no codes and the servo seems to operate as normal when the engine is running. Is there any way a damaged sensor could lead to a loss of vacuum pressure over time when the engine is shut off or would there have to be a leak present for that to happen?
Appreciate 0