SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm3s65 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Over the last few weeks I've started noticing a somewhat subtle rattling (?) sound, which I believe may be coming from the transmission.

2011.5 e92 DCT ZCP

I tried searching but couldn't find much of anything that pertains specifically to what I'm hearing. I can only describe the sound as how a junky old car's transmission rattling might sound when they apply acceleration.

The sound is mostly only noticeable under relatively heavier loads (not flooring) around the 3-4k RPM in 3rd & 4th gears.

I'll try to get some video soon!

Anyone have any similar experiences? Fixes? I'm hoping it's something simple.

**Updated with Video**
Still hard to tell with the wind noise...
Hi SocalRPM,

i Have the exact same noise! I am running alpine stage 2 93 octane tune. I have not tried going back to stock yet. I read your replies in the pre-detonation thread. I hope its not that, i rather it be a noise csb. Have you researched this any further or ever figured out what the noise was?
I haven't precisely nailed it down yet but I have come across two other forum members with the same/similar sound who also have an Alpine tune.

This is a recent discovery so I haven't contacted Alex directly yet. I may try removing the tune first to see if that removes the sound.
Appreciate 0