Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, NA Miata

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRBRNG View Post
Hey.
I know we all check things diligently after every track day, however some things are only really possible to check when other things are being replaced/ or start of season.
As part of new rotors/ calipers going on, I already had 4 new hubs inbound. Look at what i found on a my front hub/bearing...! The crack was all the way around except for about 1.5 inches. This was not there when I last replaced the rotors (< 2 years ago...) it was a new OEM hub/bearing 5 years ago...
Needless to say, this would have been an epic off if it failed on me- of course under heavy braking. Car is 100% track and runs slicks.

Still, CHECK yours when you can!

As part of my preventative maintenance, I had already ordered all 4 new hubs with press-in studs from Core4 Motorsports https://www.core4motorsports.com/pro...onversion-hubs
They come with a good reputation and use OEM hubs and options for press-ins. (No affiliation).

BTW, I will be posting some EXCITING news of my new project build and pics in a few weeks. More soon!
Cheers, Mark
I had the exact same thing happen to me last year at the Skip Track Day on my E46. Martin recommended the Core4 hubs with press in studs so we went that route. I had sheared several wheel studs previously on the front as well (oddly, the same day Eddie ditched your car outside T7 for the same issue). Hopefully no more of those shenanigans!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
gills83.00