View Single Post
      01-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #51
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Delays are fine but I think they are poorly communicated. Then threads are cleaned up and anything related to delays are often removed further causing confusion and not allowing those new to the game a chance to see a timeline. But I guess that is what you want, to trick buyers into ordering and then hit them with multiple delays. If that wasn't your strategy I can't see why you wouldn't provide clear communication.
We hear you loud and clear, and take full responsibility for the lack of clear communication. That was not our intent. We made the mistake of putting all our focus into resolving the various issues causing the delays, and not keeping on top of group updates. We were also afraid of delaying the project numerous times if we provided updates often, as each week the new ETA left the potential for a new delay and we didn’t want to say they’re coming X date, and then 5 days later change that. While we waited for more certainty, too much time slipped by between updates and that didn’t make the situation better. We did not strike the right balance.

Anyone that has pre-ordered from us over the past 12 years knows that we occasionally do experience delays, but it is absolutely not a trick or part of our strategy. There is no cover-up of delays. We have nothing to gain from taxing our reputation, and we offer a no cost cancelation/refund to those who cannot accept the delays. All available information indicated that our original dates were achievable. The delay that caused this was unexpected and out of our control. If we could have predicted this would happen, we certainly would have launched the preorder later.

We update our threads to prevent confusion not create it, but we’re going to do an internal review of how staff does the changes as it sounds like it’s not the ideal way.

As a result of what’s been learned, we’re holding off on the launch of other sizes until there are fewer variables that could cause changes to our ETAs. As we move forward with the production of our 19” Forged wheels, we will be sure to keep the community in the loop with more routine updates.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMANN View Post
I'm in the original Group Buy on the 18" forged EC7's. The advertised ship date was December, but as of the last email on 12/30, has now shifted to "early to mid February." Considering these are my new summer/track wheels I've been patient over the winter, as long as they actually get here by mid-Feb so I can get the new tires mounted before March.

Matt / Apex:
To be improved - The updates could certainly be more frequent as I've only had two since the October confirmation.
Thanks!
Over the weekend, the wheels were finished and are on their way to our warehouse. The only remaining variables are the port, customs, and trucking. They are scheduled to arrive Feb 15, BUT we are told to put about five days of padding on that ETA if we want to be safe because the 3 organizations that handle our order can each experience their own delays. Once we receive them, we need about 3 days to process the orders.

As the wheels arrive and get processed, we’ll make sure to provide more updates as requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSaiyan View Post
What was the group buy price for 18" EC7R?
With the participation of the community, we were able to reach a discount of $400 off, plus free shipping ($100+ value) for our first launch of forged wheels.
Appreciate 0