View Single Post
      08-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #36
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Sorry I just saw this post. My answers below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro_train View Post
really appreciate you chiming in, I been googling both wheels comparing both(your posts come up BTW ), I did not know the GT4 wheel was not forged. So for around $1k more, the RI-A is the clear choice to go with.

So what size of spacer would be needed to clear the stock calipers on an M3/M4 with on the GT4 wheel? No one seems to be able to post an exact size.. everyone just says 25 mm. If it is 25 mm one would be at +5 effective offset and with a 11 inch rim, that is pretty aggressive... if this is the case, to gain half an inch of wheel size isn't worth it so again, the BBS wheel would be the clear choice.
You are welcome - happy to help when I can. It's not the caliper that's the issue. It's the suspension. Based on my research I believe only a 12mm spacer is needed with a 295. However I will know more after I do some testing. I will test on my e92. The e92 and the f8x have very similar front fitment / space.

Quote:
and the RIA Is being discontinued.. so I was told.. is this accurate? Appreciate all the info Slicer.
You are welcome. The RIA is not being discontinued as far as I know.

Quote:
I am looking to have two sets of aftermarket wheels for this car for the next 3 years not including the stock wheels. I picked up a set of Titan 7s and the RI-As are at the top of my list as second choice.. I think they are a good middle ground for style, quality and price.
RIA is an amazing bang for buck IMO.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 1