Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I do not see any way that a fastener would cause this - unless it was not installed or became loose. Studs are better than bolts IMO. However keep in mind that they are a wear item and should be replaced periodically. I replace mine every 2 years.
Yeah, with hub-centric and tapered seat lugs, I was on the same wavelength. All my studs were tight when I removed them (red lock-tite is a bitch).

I did talk to one shop locally and he said that on his M3 that he chased this issue as well. He found that it was the control arm bushings. Same thing on another customer's car recently when on the track. Without spacers, it was fine. With spaers, the car would get a steering wheel wobble. He said to test this by getting to the speed with the wobble and then turning to load the suspension a bit. If the wobble gets better as you load the bushing, then it is likely not the spacers, wheels or tires. I will give that a try.

I think I still might get a road force balance done just to cross that item off the list once and for all.

Thanks again for everyone's help and suggestions.

Cheers,

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 0