United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Thanks for the update!!

Where did you hide that module?
For now I just tucked it in flat under the glovebox area and installed the trim panel over it to see how well the Wifi still works. Seemed to work fine this morning on my commute, but I'll see over the next week or so and move it if needed. It's a bit of a squeeze and the panel is a tiny bit bowed out, but it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it.

One cool aspect (that I was worried about) is that I have my wife's cell phone number stored in my first radio button, and pressing the radio button still works to make that call just as before through Carplay. Phone call quality via the new mic seems to be good. I left a couple of test voicemails to check it out and it sounds more or less just like the BMW mic.

In comparing audio quality, it's hard to tell if it's better or worse. I feel like some of the bass is not quite there over AUX, but in comparing SiriusXM over satellite vs. streaming, the sound is definitely clearer and less muddled via streaming, though again, the bass might be a little lacking?

Love having Waze on the big screen. If I want, I can also listen to another audio source (like SiriusXM over satellite) and still keep Waze up with no audio, so that's a plus.

Reversing via original PDC screen is a bit slower than before as the unit has to switch back to iDrive, but it does work.