Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 / 540 G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
And more conflicting info:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...7#post23274602

“EPS (Individual audio) uses 7 ohm subs and 8 ohm front speakers (S752A).”

No clue now about what equipment runs at what ohms. But the Up 7BMW Match amp with fixed 4ohms doesn’t seem to fit anything but stock HiFi which it was made for, and of course after market speakers which run at 4.
gents...

I have installed several PP62, PP82, PP86 and UP7BW's now.

first - I have created a pp cable for both 'base hifi' and 'bmw hifi' (type 676) for the non bmw amp's. works smooth and expirience so far is that installing any of the ATF DSP amplifiers will prowide the single biggest update you can get - especially compared to the effort from installing speakers etc.

soundwise I find the PP86 is my favourite from sound.
UP7bmw is however great in the F-series cars w. hifi sound from start. GREAT.

when it comes to impedance load it is also not sensitive! in our f31 it is in a system w. 8ohm, 4ohm and 2ohm speakers.
it works sweet. And the car is on competition level with several EMMA cars.

I'm running the PP86 in my daily E91, where it is doing a 3 way front + a dvc 10" - from sound I'm impressed. Not as good as my Helix Psix II DSP, but great!

conclusion - adding an amplifier like the JL is OK, but once you try the DSP you realize that you are now on next level...

btw - before you run out to change speakers, try to add a good passive x-over on the hifi door speakers + add the much needed right amount of damping material on doorcards and door plates = most will be surprised what you can get from the philips speakers..
however, the under seat woofers are crap and must be changed

Appreciate 1
wyatth3553.00