View Single Post
      06-22-2019, 08:13 PM   #219
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

I've read through this entire thread and its left me with the desire to try these B6 parts.

My car is a 2011 E92 ZCP. It currently sits at just over 21k miles, so the dampers may be loosening from sitting as opposed to wear (the car moved about 70 miles in the 12 months before I bought it). The car is beginning to get a little squirmy at the rear to match the tension rod looseness up front which will be serviced shortly. I figure I'd go with the Bilsteins and see how things tighten up before I start chasing bushings.

This car will never see the track, and its strictly a weekend ride. I already have Dinan springs plus the Supplemental Ride Kit (Dinan Stage 2 suspension), courtesy of the original owner. I've noticed that there isn't much difference between the first two positions on the EDC, but the third one seems a bit choppy on the highway, which gives me another reason to think the stock dampers are sagging.

I would think the Dinan springs are comparable to the Eibachs as far as drop and spring specs, so the B6 package would be right for my car. I'd also get GC camber plates since some people in this thread said they allow extra travel due to plate thickness. I'd have everything taken apart anyway, so I might as well go for it.

If anyone can offer opinions about how this plan will work out, or what changes I should make, I'd like to hear it.
Appreciate 0