06-04-2019, 10:24 PM   #36
BanjoPaterson
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTM333 View Post
Fortunately mine is at just under 42K kms and I'm confident I don't need the change just yet. Not sure where I would go for that specific job when the time comes.....!

Are you guys in the BMW Car Club Canberra or at least in their Facebook group? They are a reasonably active club.
https://bmwclubcanberra.org.au/

What year model is yours and what's your servicing protocol?[/QUOTE]

I'm a club member. Still chuffed that my other car's still on the membership card. I probably should do more club things, but life's been oddly busy the last 6 months.

I've a 2010 E92 M3. My servicing 5-10,000km for usual stuff. Plus I've put aside money for:
  • 80,000km - I reckon the DCT oil should be changed.
  • DCT software update
  • Next service will also be a LSD oil change too

Some people change the OEM brakes, but I've yet to feel the need. Maybe after a serious track day or something I'll change my mind.

I'm thinking of getting the clutch pack changed as a preventative measure using Dodson clutch pack, but it's possible the money's better spent elsewhere. Don't know yet. Plus ceramic paint protection from Diamond Detailing. Did this with my previous M3 and can highly recommend it. I'm not certain how much it protects the paint, but it makes washing the car easier... plus DD do a paint correction before applying the Williams' Ceramic coat.

Finally, was wondering if the LSD ever needs changing and how would you know; and if you can't tell then why pay money to change it at all. Mmm.
Appreciate 0