LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzgJ74 View Post
You have a bunch of guys here proclaiming that they had the RB issue on their car - but 99.9% of the time what that translates to is they changed the RB's for no reason and 'they looked worn' - nothing failed. Now we have a bunch of M3's with aftermarket RB's driving around. The other thing is when ppl sell these modified M3's on, they remove the supercharging- so if that's the cause of uneven wear it's not being attributed to supercharging.
We can debate until the cows come home and hell freezes over.

My 2013 E92 was bought brand new by me and went through the most stringent break in known to mankind, then had oil changes every 5k miles, was never driven in cold or for short trips. When I replaced the rod bearings at 30k miles they were beaten to shit, worse than my 130k E46M track car.

If you have money to play the RB lottery by all means do it. I like keeping the original engine in my car there so I replaced them on both and both looked similarly beaten to crap
Again - nothing failed. It's always this big long story leading up to the punchline "they looked worn" when you expect 'the engine blew up' which it never does.

Now you have aftermarket minimally tested bearings in a 30k mileage car.
Appreciate 0