View Single Post
      02-09-2019, 04:59 PM   #25
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456356

Read somewhere that Bimmertech has some hardware change on the PP82DSP that lets them get more out of it. Can’t tell is BS or not, haha. Also read that maybe the Match Up7 BMW is solid 4 ohm while the others are variable?
Musicar sells a PP82DSP as well as their stage 1, again can’t figure the differences between these amps. Annnnnd BavSound now coming out with their own. Sheesh
I think I’m leaning to one of these over the JL XD600 for now, at least. Although there is a JL for $300 on E90post.
Good info on amps: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1547243

So I think I’m content with the OE HiFi underseat woofers. Final confirmation is if the ESP front mids, front tweeters (w/ crossovers), and rear shelf coaxials are all plug and play. Im pretty sure they are. I think the dispositive Q is if the amps can run channels at different ohms, or if that matters? The Match Up7 amp at 4 ohms with the EPS speakers would be the best bang for me, if they work together.

From Technic: “ EPS ... 4” drivers and coaxials are 4 ohms, tweeters are 7 ohms, woofers are 4 ohms..”

If this all fits in, this would be equivalent to the BSW Stage 1 but an easier install with rear coax versus drilling for tweeters.
Also think I’ve confirmed E92 speakers will fit an E90. Either way, HiFi cars do not have the same amount of speakers so I’ll be looking for someone selling them individually or a set for a fair price given that not all can be used. So hard to find this accurate information, lots of misinformation and different terms being used!

So I think the final Qs are:
- Can the ESP component fronts run at 4 ohms? If so, the standard Match amp will do.
- Would ESP midrange or coax be better for the rear [shelf]? I know it’s fill so probably not important either way, but they’re probably priced the same used. I’d think coax since BSW and EPS both add some form a tweeter to the rear.

Last edited by wyatth; 02-10-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0