View Single Post
      01-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #209
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

# Intake time!

I ended up buying an AFE carbon fiber intake from AFE right after new years. It just so happen I was looking up the SKU to add to my "buy list" and noticed that AFE was selling the intake system on an overstock pricing of $217!! I posted it on the US M3 V8 facebook group and many folks were able to take advantage of it. I didn't post it up here due to sponsors and didn't want to deal with it. Either way, I ended up paying $234 shipped because of tax in CA.

## Installation
The installation wasn't too bad. The only thing most folks should be aware of is that the silicone coupler for the plenum to intake is an incredibly tight fit. I had two plastic toothbrushes as my picks to loop the tube over. I will not be looking to doing that again. Fit and finish are great. The stock airbox cover is a little tight and required some pressure to get the screws to reach the bottom piece. Overall this took about 15 minutes but I heard some folks were having trouble for up an hour.

## Impressions
Power wise. Don't feel any real difference except a little better response under 4k. Intake noise seems to have increased a bit as well. I'm very happy with the purchase considering it was $234 instead of the normal $500 or so price range. Most folks I've talked to who did a dyno showed net gains of 6-10whp so I'll take it!
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0