View Single Post
      10-20-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
CL65driver
Rep
Drives: ....

I know it's insane but it makes me feel better knowing the sipes are all cleaned out for the season.

Pretty boring from here on out so here's the photos.

Before coating....

After a long day it's all done and it's clean and protected for the upcoming season. All that's left is allowing it to cure and then a layer of Carpro Reload as a sacrificial layer and a coat of Carpro Perl on the tires.

Now that it's finished it'll make future washes that much easier. Next up will be the summer set getting the same treatment after the winters are mounted. Once that happens I'll take some photos of the curb rash on them.

Next item of maintenance will be the oil change, rear diff fluid flush and fill, and brake fluid flush and fill. Ordered all the parts once again from ECS but I haven't had the chance to do it yet. I don't know what oil is in the car now but I will still try and send a sample off to Blackstone Labs to help alleviate any concerns over possible bearing issues.
This is looking like it'll be about 2-3 weeks out. I won't be home enough to get it done so it's on the calendar for my next set of days I'm off.

Last item is the windshield trim, the rubber is dry rotted a bit and I'm sick of looking at it and I know the future owner would be as well so a replacement piece has been ordered and will be installed.

My iphone photo skills suck, a lot of that has to do with my lighting but I'll start taking photos with my DSLR so that you can better see what I'm seeing it's just been very hard to stay posted on this for sale thread with how busy work has been.

I did take the car in to my local BMW dealer to have the Takata airbag and heater wire recall's performed, all paperwork is saved.

Last but not least and the part you all car about the most pricing. We almost traded the car in but the deal fell through at the last minute. When it was appraised it was noted that the car is in excellent condition and we were offered $27,000 as a trade in value. When you look at what that would offer as far as tax trade in it basically brought the car up to $28,700 and that was for the car just on summer rims and tires not including the now brand new practically winter setup plus nearly brand new summer tires so I won't be going lower than $29,000. There's no reason for me to negotiate the price lower with a private seller at this point so please don't waste either one of our times asking me what I'll take.
Appreciate 0