FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
Well, I went out on a limb and had a Vorsteiner GTS-V Wing Blade installed on my e92 M3.. I'm going for a "GTS like" look for the car this summer and already completed the front bumper..

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512187

This wing was intended to be a direct bolt on replacement for the f82 M4 GTS wing. I installed it on a spare OEM trunk I found on ebay so I could switch back quickly if I didn't like it. I also didn't want to drill holes in my limerock trunk in case the car becomes valuable some day.

ebay trunk was mineral white so the body shop sprayed it Fire Orange.

I bought the wing from IND along with a pair of Vorsteiner aluminum uprights but no mounting hardware.. The body shop found and made their own mounting hardware and also made a template to mount the wing.

Nice carbon work by Vorsteiner. I believe it is available in a 1x1 weave as well but I don't have any problem with 2x2 since OEM BMW performance CF seems to be all 2x2..so anything lower than my roof is 2x2. The Vorsteiner stands are thick aluminum in a slight titanium-ish color and are engraved with the brand.

I think the lines of the wing flow really nicely with the curves of the car.. It's nice to see the f82 carries on some of the similar lines from the e92.. I was afraid the wing would be too wide as well but the size seems cosmetically good.

The edge of the wing that is bent down follows the angle of the body perfectly.

The wing sits slightly higher than the OEM GTS wing on the Vorsteiner stands. The wing will also mount on stock BMW M4 GTS stands too. This will make the wing sit lower but I believe the M4 GTS stands and hardware costs ~$2200 vs ~$800 for the Vorsteiner.

That's all the pics I have for now as it's been a torrential downpour here in New England for the past few days.
Wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 1
leemik511.00