08-15-2018, 12:03 AM   #32
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
My primary motivation is weight savings. They look plenty right to me both aesthetically and from a 'correctness' standpoint considering the OE M3 GT4 factory built by BMW uses the E36 M3 mirrors. Lastly they speak to me from a nostalgia standpoint since my first legit car was an e36 M3 and one of my favorite pieces of that car's design was the mirrors - plus I think they are the best looking mirror design BMW has utilized period.

I will soon be releasing a thread detailing my weight loss program. These mirrors will likely only amount to 4 lbs but I have amassed a bunch of 1 lb to 4 lb weight loss items on the car that have resulted in more than 220 lbs total weight reduction (even after adding back the weight of aero, cage, rear seat delete, larger coolers, etc). My goal is to reach 300 lbs lost while still maintaining interior panels, carpet, stereo, HVAC. That level of weight reduction makes a significant impact on the feel and performance of the car.
i think you and i have done a few of the same things for weight loss, but i'm looking forward to your thread. i presume you weighed your SPL links to compare against the oem arms?