View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 02:03 AM   #14
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylelab View Post
If I want to lift the rear or front of the car in order to put it on axle stands, where do I place the jack?

For winter storage, I want to lift all 4 corners of the car slightly and to do so I need to jack the car up to put 4 axle stands at each corner. I was thinking of using the 4 jackpad adapters as shown on the pics in the post above to set the axle stands. But in order to do so I need to lift the front of the car positioning the jack in the middle of the car (and then do the same thing at the rear)....Not sure where to set the jack. Any ideas?
There is no need to lift the car up for winter storage. Modern car's suspensions are designed to take the weight of the car. I read somewhere before that you will actually do more harm than good by storing the car on jack stands and let the suspension dangle.

I store both my weekend cars for winter and I never put them on jack stands. Just inflate the tires before storage and place carpet under each tire. One of my car is 2001 and have been stored every winter that way, no issues till this day.
Appreciate 0