spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Fiesta ST

Similar to the GTi but a lot more fun to drive. However, interior is cheap compared to the VW. I considered the GTi as my daily beater, but the fun factor of the FiST is unbeatable in my opinion.

Averages over 30MPG too.
The Fiesta has come across my desk. It seems like such a comical car, but it certainly has a lot of pluses. I'll dig a bit more into it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
You could consider a Focus ST or Fiesta ST, although those are both a step down from the Golf IMO. Another option is a 228i, small, fun, reasonably practical, has a nice auto or manual option. You could probably get an F30 320i for a bit more. With the poverty BMW models you really are paying a lot for the badge though.

You could get a very nice E46 330i for that budget, beautiful balance, smooth engine, RWD fun. I had one before my E90, liked it a lot. Spec wise they are somewhat basic these days, and there is potential for big bills. Bit left field but what about a WRX? Great all weather machines. Whatever you chose there will be compromises, depends whats important to you really.
I'd like to step away from the BMW badge in all honesty. While the M tax isn't there, the closely followed Bimmer tax is there. The cheap to maintain Jeep we have has been a big plus in my book. I'd love to drive a clean E30 or 2002 every day, but I think the lack of refinement would grow old quick.

Feel free to talk me into a GTI or Golf R. Believe me, I WANT to want it. Even after the two duds of GLIs, we wanted to buy the Golf Sportwagen. After two back to back with leaking sunroofs, I gave up on VW.

The Subaru idea has also popped in my head. We don't get snow, but if we have an issue we have the Jeep, so the bonuses of a Subie are not necessary. The BRZ wouldn't be bad, but I'm also not a 20 year old drifter, so...
Appreciate 0