View Single Post
      08-03-2018, 07:26 PM   #154
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong - I don't live at redline all day AND I certainly use the M3 for normal day to day things.

BUT - I'm heavy on the throttle quite often. I use the entire tach but I'm deep in the throttle and do spend a lot of time between 4k and 7k. I definitely agree that there is no better option for an all around sporty car than the M3 - that's why I've owned nothing but M3s for the last 15 years, starting with E36 M3s

That said, if I need to run over the Target and fight for a tight parking spot with the soccer moms, it's nice to have an "I don't care" vehicle to hop into. Or if I know I'll be at the office late and stuck in super heavy stop n go traffic on the way home.... won't take the M3. It sucks for that. Or if I know I'm taking coworkers out to lunch... no M3. Sucks for that. Or if I have to go somewhere with really bad roads... no M3.
I have 2 other vehicles (a 2018 Chevy Malibu used some for work, carrying people and rainy/snowy days and a 2001 Lexus GS, fully modded, my original toy from 8 years ago, still running, 310,000 miles), but I still drive my E93 DCT A LOT, for everyday errands, and for special occasions and trips...and half the time, to work in traffic.

Some days, I never crest 4000 RPMs, and I STILL love driving this car. Why?

First, it's rolling art. My car (along with most E9Xs), it's just utterly sexy - lowered on aftermarket 19s, silverstone, with a bulldog stance. Just beautiful. So, when I exit, I look back 95% of the time, and just shake my head. BMW penned a great shape....not overdone and subtly aggressive. I had an F82 as well, tanzanite, and it was lowered, and it was sexy too....but my E93 is just as.

Second, contrary to what most say, I think it's plenty quick enough up to 4000 RPMs in most situations. I'm not in full racing mode most times, so it's plenty swift enough to move faster than most cars without beating on it.

Third, my music sounds damn good, though I do have the upgraded Individual audio aka the Dirac. Base under the seats, and the mids are decent too. No complaints for a factory system, it's about as much as I could ask for in a M.

Fourth, I have a convertible, with the Akro Evo Titanium exhaust. Heaven for me, especially with the top down, even at 20 MPH.

So, given this, I drive my M3 ALL the time, in most situations....leaving it home only if I need to carry 3+ people or if I think it's going to rain. Other than that, I use the M, in all situations, even in traffic, and even on crappy roads (and we have plenty of those in the Northeast/Midatlantic region), and even in the winter as long as the roads are salt-free. I know how to dodge potholes, and I just drive slower.....while still enjoying this car.

In my M, it's not about the destination, it's about the journey....and in many cases, the longer the journey, the better.

Last edited by KevinGS; 08-03-2018 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 2
Iyzmi802.00
tooloud10796.50