View Single Post
      07-31-2018, 09:04 PM   #33
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Dang dude, you are pulling at my heart strings. I've owned an E92 M3 DCT, E90 M3 manual, E60 M5 SMG, E63 M6 SMG.

These are two of my favorite cars of all time.

Thoughts on each....
They are both gorgeous in their own way.

The M6 is love it or hate it. I loved the droopy eyes and profile. But it MUST be black / black. Its the "big daddy" on the road, the V10 has unlimited power. The rush to 8300 RPM is EPIC. You gotta put on a tubi exhaust. I had a Dinan, E-Race, and Tubi. E-Race was mind blowing awesome but just too loud. Dinan too quiet. Tubi perfect. Its a very comfortable car, handles decent but not great. I just bought an R8, and went with a V8 because the M V10 sounded so much better than the R8 V10 I couldnt deal with it.

M6 reliability seemed to be worse than the M3. I LOVED the SMG. The manual doesnt match the V10 power delivery. It was pulled out of the 5 series. Nothing like the S6 setting smacking you in the back of the head when you floor it! The "pause" between shifts is so awesome.

I had a couple M3's. Both excellent. I just loved the muscle car feeling of the motor, the intake noise at 8k is EPIC. I put in an upgraded intake. The trick is you have the windows up, sunroof open, and it was intake induction noise eargasm. lol. I will admit, after having the V10's, the E92 around town never could quite match the V10 w tubi noises. The M3 had to be pushed pretty hard to get the great sounds going.

Lastly, where will you be driving. If its a cruiser, than the M6 w exhaust. If its a sportier drive then the M3 will be best suited.

I have an excellent Indy. So that would help with my fear of M6 ownership costs. If I take ownership costs out of the equation, I would lean towards M6. V10 plus Tubi is exotic car levels of power and sound. But I loved the E92 M3's. But the M3 has to be manual. The DCT is TOO smooth, it lost the raw edge feeling of the SMG. Felt too much like an auto, which led me getting bored of it. SMG beats you up, its raw, and has personality. Just never drive it in auto and you'll grow to love it.

Good luck man. I almost bought both of these cars for the same reason to stash away. I ended up buying an R8 for the V8 sounds. So I went a different route.

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS

Last edited by Damage Inc; 07-31-2018 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: sp
Appreciate 0