06-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #7
165_M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by codinge90 View Post
I was hoping to get some insight on the GTS flash process from some people that have done it to their car or understand the process pretty well. I've used WINKFP a few times on N55's doing the PPK flash so I understand the process of choosing the ECU and ZB number and flashing. The only thing I am a bit confused on from reading all the DIY's online is how people #1 choose the ECU and #2 choose the correct ZB number. From everything I've seen online, everyone choose GS40 in WINKFP for their ecu. If I go to inpa and choose Identification, my EGS is DKG_90 which I'm guessing shows up for all DCT M3's from years 2008-2013. Will GS40 always be the ECU to choose for DKG_90 cars? My next question is the next step in the process which is choosing the ZB number. Now I'm guessing this changes depending on the daten files, at least it did with the PPK Flash, but from what I was reading online, my DKG_90 part number which is 7844978 can be different for different GS40 TCU's which is confusing to me. Since there can be different part numbers which would correspond to different ZB numbers, does that mean I'd have to choose a different ZB number for specific DCT m3's? If so, how can I determine this. I am running Bimmergeeks v60.1 Daten files.
DKG_90 is the .IPO file, i think of IPO files as configuration files for flashing to a certain module. this is in the NFS\sgdat folder

GS40 is the ECU you are flashing to
inside the GS40 are the different software numbers and assembly line numbers. this is in the nfs\data folder

10FLASH.PRG is the PRG file kinda like IPO files, i think this handles some sort of protocol. this is in the edbiabas\ecu folder

what i usually do is

start WinKFP
(F1) Comfort mode
(F3) Update ZUSB
>choose GS40
(F2) Choose ZUSB
>choose GS40
>>choose a ZB#
from what i know is that these ZB# will work
7848442 new GTS DCT
7845773 old GTS DCT

these i think are the latest ZB# for the stock EU and US DCT's

(F4) Enter VIN- this will be optional, and only clickable if UIF writes are enabled
(F8) Done
(F3) Program, popup will show up, showing how many more writes you have, only works if UIF write is enabled AFAIK.
it will program and make sure wait until it shows "programming ok"

as far as the HW-NR. i have flashed the 7845773 ZB# on a MY 08 car,
the HW-NR of that car is 7642021, still worked fine

Make sure to have the car connected to a stable power source.
Appreciate 3
derbo3612.50
codinge90328.50
TboneS541069.00