06-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #4
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
All I know is the common number ZB number for GTS is this:

I help ItsGary remotely code his 09 E90. Ensure Fast Baud Rate is enabled since it's slow as hell without it.
The instructions we used were here:

##Instructions on GTS Tune
-Make sure your battery is good if not get a battery charge
-Open drivers door and turn ignition ON (cluster guage on)
-connect cable to obd connector of car
-Load Winkpf software
-Press (F1) comfort mode
-Press (F3) Update ZUSB
-Choose ECU GS40
-Press (F2) Choose ZUSB
-Choose ECU GS40 and next to it there will be ZB-Numbers..Find 7845773
-Click ok
-If you have done it correctly so far you will see at the top Assembly Identification number 7845773 (M3 GTS assembly line file) and it will automatically reference the software 7845773
-Press (F4) Enter VIN ( make sure you double check you have entered the correct VIN numbers)
-click ok
-Press DONE (F8)
-Press (F3) Program
-Pop up window will say you can code the ECU 63 more times, click ok
-Flashing begins and you will have to wait till it reaches 100%
-once it reaches 100% it will pop up again saying you have 62 more times to program the ECU, click ok
-Programming again starts, wait until this reaches 100%*
-If everything is done correctly, then you will get a pop up screen saying programming done, click ok
Thanks for the detailed write up! I've found out that GS40 is always chosen for any e9x dct which answers one of my questions but I also read online that the ZB number changes depending on the TCU part number. I've heard it from 2 people but I haven't gotten an explanation. I did see that 7845773 is the common ZB number chosen but I'm not sure how you find out if you need a different ZB number. The reason I ask is because a few of my friends with e9x m3's want the gts flash and I want to make sure I choose the correct ZB number for each car.

Edit: after more searching I think the only 2 ZB numbers for GTS flash is 7845773 which you listed above and 7848442. Not sure if that's a newer one but figured someone can chime in and let me know or anyone else wondering as well if the ZB number is always 7845773 for the e9x GTS flash.
Appreciate 0