View Single Post
      05-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #110
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Yeah, I had Fat Cat shorten the (front) internal bumpstops on the 46M Billy HD struts. I tried two different lengths with varying results. But it did totally resolve the travel issues for that particular strut/chassis. But note that the Billy internal bumps are very different than the standard external OE bumps and so trimming the former plays out differently than trimming the later. I would almost never ever recommend trimming an OE foam front bumpstop as they are very soft and designed to compress a great deal - too short and the bump will fully compress much too soon (been there done that). If you want to go shorter the trick is to start with a firmer stop so that energy capacity isn't lost. The Billy bumps are super firm and way too long so trimming then (a bit) is acceptable since capacity isn't lost (from my first experience, second I went too short).

I would fully expect the same limited travel on this chassis as well since that seems to be a Billy trait and a carefully trimmed bumpstop should work well here, too, I'd think.

Now - I haven't even unbolted the E90's suspension yet and measured the factory non-ZCP bumptravel so I really have no first hand knowledge of what's going on under there.

It will happen soon enough

Last edited by EricSMG; 05-19-2018 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11517.00