View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #103
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

^ Agreed, no need for E36 bump stops. But what about top hats/mounts (front or rear)? Are those retained? The trimmed front mount/support is where Dinan gets half of the travel (other half from bump stops).
On the E46M, Bilsteins had limited travel. I am wondering how the travel of the B6s compares to OE Sachs for the E9xM.
It's hard to get much out of Richbot's post since he went from MCS to OE/ZCP, rather than OE non-ZCP to OE+ZCP springs. But, his height looks pretty good (regardless of tire optics).
Sounds like ZCP springs are a fine alternative to Eibach or Dinan for those non-ZCP cars that want Bilsteins and a slight drop.

Question - does anybody use different rear spring pads to fine tune the height? Common on other chassis, but I don't see it much here. Since the Bilsteins tend to raise the front slightly (and because I want to use the Dinan camber plates), it would be nice to elevate the rear a smidge, and thicker/fresh rear spring pads would do the trick if there are others thicknesses that fit.
Appreciate 0