05-16-2018, 05:34 AM   #106
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
What you need to is a consistent car and your driving will get better much faster. Otherwise, you're constantly adjusting your driving as the car is behaving differently.

Experience has told me you can really only focus on and improve one small aspect of your driving per session.
Thank you for your sound advice.

Consistence car is not my objective this year. This year my objective is to try as many settings as I can and see if my butt can tell the difference. I can tell that changing the sway bar was a good thing. Perhaps I will even go to the softest settings on the front sway bar later this summer.

Per JRZ clarification, the shaft compression tune the grip, that helps as this is what I am after. It helps because I am going to keep the HS and rebound constant and focus on the shaft (Front and Back). I am happy with the rebound for now.

For now, I also gave up trying to beat my 1:37.x from last year. It sounds that you are all collectively agree the best lap time comes from a better driver and I am totally agree with the collective wisdom.

At a pace of 1:40-1:43 I can push the car enough to be safe and learn the suspension.

I also gave up winning my HPDE days as I can see plenty of cars that are faster then mine. Oh well, there goes the dream.
Appreciate 0