05-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #14
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I'm sure they're ragging on it, but there's no reason to believe they'd rag on this more than their other performance cars. They've had all kinds of things

As far as deliberately lying regarding tracking the car, I don't see why they'd do that. They do plenty of track tests and don't need to hide that from us
Not accusing them of lying, but it's not like they're giving you the excruciating detail of what every single staffer does in it. I do agree with the original post that the consumption seems really high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Precisely They just got done loving a 6g Camaro SS and having a stingray blow up on them (rod bearing GASP RECALL LAWSUIT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE) not too long ago and they have an M2 right now also. They were not nice to the F80 M3, but it didn’t blow up or drink a sump of oil in between changes either so t has that going for it

How are the cats on that thing not failing
The Vette blew up on them right after it came out because it had a known manufacturing defect (metal burrs) related to the oil filter housing that damaged the bearings. It was recalled and fixed IIRC. The C7 forums are not overrun with people blowing engines or anything like that.

Last edited by dparm; 05-14-2018 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0