05-08-2018, 09:22 AM   #9
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseCPM3 View Post
Why so late in the year? Weather will be cold, scenery will be bleak. Late September for this would be ideal.
A lot of cars there in late September. We went the week before thanksgiving and it was perfect last year. There was not one car in front of us the whole time we were on the tail. We had the HUB restaurant basically to ourselves for lunch. Kids will have thanksgiving week off from school. You can't say the same for September on the things I mentioned. I agree, there are better times to go, but this actually works and the weather was near perfect for us last year. Cold? Sure a little bit but not a deterrent. It's going to be the Friday Saturday Sunday before thanksgiving. Fontana village will be able to accommodate all of us. I understand it is a bit of a pain in the ass, but know this, I/We want you to be there with us. It will be a struggle to get time off, weather heading there etc... But it will work. I added the dates in the OP. We had 20 M3's last year. We will have over 30 this year easily.

We will be working on an itinerary over the next few days which will include the Tail and Cherohala, rooms, a hike, lunch stops etc...
Appreciate 5