04-22-2018, 06:13 PM   #13
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
I do like the engine sound right behind my head so in the Cayman it's very focused to the driver's headrest.
I'm curious how the Boxster S sounds? Probably more exhaust with engine - only logical!
Handling was glorious in the Cayman S

Actually, the Boxster (with the top up) tends to be quieter than the Cayman. The Cayman's rear hatch acts like a big echo chamber. I actually found it pretty annoying by the end of the test drive, even with the exhaust in a quieter setting. I know that people will tell me not to be a pussy, and to just turn up the stereo, but the constant drone at highway speeds is quite fatiguing. I remember looking up some interior noise measurements for the car and at highway speeds its way louder than the M3. In fact, the Cayman is 10dB louder than the E92 M3 at idle, and as loud at idle as the M3 is at 50mph. Mind you this was the previous-gen H6, but I doubt that the new car is hugely quieter.

My Corvette suffers from a similar problem, but was helped with a thick carpet trunk mat. Part of the noise is also from the rear tires echoing in there.

Last edited by dparm; 04-22-2018 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11512.50