View Single Post
      02-27-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Part 2 :

Today i was able to remove the Alternator within 10 min. It is really easy if you know what to do! I saw many people were struggling to remove the alternator. I will give you the trick how to remove within 5 min! (Thanks to my very close Turkish Friend Talha)

Get the cap out from tensioner :

The First key is you have to remove the 2 tensioner's 14mm bolt after removing the belt!

The second and most important key is remove the Alternator's top bolt about quarter inch and remove the bottom bolt about half inch. And get a hammer and start hitting the bottom bolt like you are hammering a nail! There is the back part of this bolt has to move quarter inch while you are hammering! And you will see that alternator start getting loose. And then jiggle the alternator and see how loose it become. If it is not that loose hammer back again! Once it is loose remove regardless of order bottom or top bolt and put the alternator to the bottom of the engine tray!

Pull the alternator closer to you and remove the 2 pin DME cable first and than get 17mm positive cable and tape it! I also remove the negative battery cable in the trunk before i start the job. My battery is extremely easy to access since i remove all this plastic crap was holding before!

It should be done!

What amazes me the most is i can not get over how damn clean this car is. Every part still looks brand new #NeverDrivenInRain

And get a 2000 grid sand paper to sand the back connector part till gets real shiny even mine is in good condition i will do it anyway! So you know electric transfers very well to the Regulator!
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 02-27-2018 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
msan404.00