View Single Post
      02-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #14
GT3fan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90m

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
The Camaro SS/1LE is likely a faster car with the same driver for the track, however, the E92 M3 is plenty fast enough to run within the top 5-10 cars of the fastest PCA run group with minimal mods.

Unless you are in the red or black run groups at PCA it's a moot point. You could drive the Millenium Falcon and still be slow. The point is to learn how to drive well on the track and what you have now is more than capable.

I'm a big proponent of changing rod bearings on these cars, however, don't ignore that dogbone did over 100 track days in his supercharged E90 on stock rod bearings.
The failures we've seen on RBs have been quite random. I've seen zero evidence tying RB failure in these cars to track use.

The E9X can be tracked hard with just PFC DD front rotors, pads and fluid. I've seen a car do 2:11 at WGI like this and 2:11 is fast when it's a real time vs people's fantasy BS time.
Then you add some camber plates, leave the stock suspension alone and add Apex wheels if you want.

If you track the SS/1LE heavily you will have to invest in camber plates, I'm sure you'll need upgraded rotors and wider wheels, and beyond that always remember the LT4(?) is not some kind of paragon of reliability. C&D had an E9X in their long term fleet with zero issues. I recall they blew up two LT4's in the Corvettes they had long term.
Thanks for the info guys!

I am far from an expert, but have probably a dozen track days under my belt.

I recently purchased a set of square 18” Apex wheels and currently researching coilover suspensions to replace the EDC to improve my car’s handling. I definitely would prefer the easy route of keeping my car versus the time consuming selling process.
Appreciate 0