01-31-2018, 12:05 PM   #1994
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX View Post
Isn't that odd ticking when the engine slows back to idle concerning? It's hard to hear, but its an out of rhythm tick ....tick tick ...tick...tick tick tick...tick..
I thought that was one of the early tells. When he revs it is smooth, but as it backs off to idle you can hear it. I'd happily be wrong as that's what my car does and it concerns me.
I'm not agreed . The S65 and S85 engines are having the typical ticking *SEWING MACHINE* noise .
Actually the ticking noise sounds like 5H1T . But that's how they sound , which is normal for our engines .
I know that owners are worried by the sewing machine , but it's normal for the S65 and S85 .

Over the years I heard S65 videos from all over the world , and I was never wrong.
I was happy that I could save a few S65's on time , and believe me ..If the ticking noise is/was bearing related the ticking noise sounds completely different .
Second degree noise is the rattle noise ,but for that degree it's actually already too late ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0