View Single Post
      10-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #94
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post

So Derbo, what is the total cost of the conversion. This is key for buyers like OP. Typically we are talking about a $3,000 to $10,000 premium more or less for ZCP cars. Plus you are limited to what is available. Now that the world is available... Plus we can factor in selling off the 220 wheels for a decent price (can still keep them for a set of snow tires). The OEM suspension pieces probably are not worth much as I have seen others giving them away. And this would be wheels, suspension pieces and possible coding only. What is the total cost to convert to ZCP?

Then taking into account if OP and others find 2008 and 2009 cars with the old Idrive and tail lights. That could be a separate total to factor.

My last question is on the cars that do not have the M button. If you are retrofitting the the Idrive then would one program one of the buttons on the wheel to act like the M button?

Thats a good question. If a buyer is adamant of getting it EXACTLY what the factory ZCP package offers, I would assume this list:
  1. $1000 ZCP Springs/Dampeners used(set going for $400 here:http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1417581)
  2. $1200-1600 Style 359 Wheels Used without tires (few sets for that price in the marketplace right now)
  3. $1200 Tires, assuming proper real tires like PSS.
  4. $50-300 NCSexpert + BMW DCAN Cable for coding the ZCP (7MA) vehicle order to change the EDC/DSC. Dependent on User knowledge of the BMW Coding or pay for the service.

So I guess the OP would be looking at ~$4k to "convert" it. Is it worth it? For me, absolutely not.

In my own personal situation, I'm just more intrigued how ZCP EDC settings will affect the non-ZCP EDC dampeners. From what I read, it stiffens up the suspension and would be an improvement of the factory sport mode. For that reason, I plan to coding it even without the ZCP Dampeners. I aim to replace my springs at a minimal, so this will beneficial until I figure out if I want to remove EDC and go with a true coilover or get a EDC compatible coilover like B16 Damptronic.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34449.00