Dem Ingenör ist nix zu schwör!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 - DCT, EDC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf_3063 View Post
Add me.

I bought a pre-owned, but I was specifically looking for one with all the technology bits...EDC, M-DCT, iDrive etc.

1. If all these things are available, why not make full use of them?

2. Traffic in my town is a nightmare. My 6M E90 335 (and the shifter was incredible, tight & snappy like a rifle bolt) had me worrying about premature clutch wear (clutch, 1st, 10 feet forward, clutch, neutral). Flip DCT into D, crawl along in traffic...find an open stretch, hello S5!

3. M-DCT DOES NOT UPSHIFT FOR YOU in S. Therefore it is a manual. Semi-automatic, automated, whatever...but still a manual.

4. Anyone really worried about performance: the M-DCT is faster and smoother than you'll ever be rowing a stick.

5. I COMPLETELY AGREE with the 6M having more driving enjoyment, but I'll take the benefits I mentioned in trade.

Very happy with it!
UPDATE: Got the BPM Sport transmission flash! Aside from a noticeable difference between D and S modes (D is lazier, really more of a cruise mode, while S has become sharper, snappier)...I can now shift into N at low speeds! This means I can rev if I feel like it, and then shift back into D/S without having to come to a complete stop and apply the brakes!

I find myself shifting with the lever (NOT the paddles) a lot more, and being able to rev while moving has removed one of the last disadvantages of the DCT vs a manual!
"Ah, what music! They could never have imagined it, those pioneers that invented the automobile...that it would possess us like this, and our imaginations, and our dreams. You see, men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!" - Alexander Fermor-Hesketh, 3rd Baron Hesketh
Appreciate 0