View Single Post
      09-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #31
Prefontaine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Just to pile on --

I'd say timing works both ways, for the buyer and the seller. What I mean is while your solution may be to wait for the right buyer, many buyers just have to wait for the right seller -- and by right seller, I really mean right price.

While you might have the impression that your car is rare, I think listings over the last few months have given you the wrong idea. I've been watching the E92 market for 7 years now, and space grey over red is not a rare combo. Maybe at the moment it is when it comes to the market, but overall, not really.

Anyway, KBB/NADA is a good starting point, with mileage taken into account. If you want to make anything off your mods, again, you'll have to wait for the buyer who thinks your mods are the ~80% solution for what he/she wants. Otherwise, it's hard to say they truly add value. I know that's super frustrating, but it's true.

Anyways, your car is lovely. I do wish you the best of luck. Mine was nearly stock but mileage was higher (60k) and paint had more imperfections...I sold it for 2k under NADA.
Appreciate 2