View Single Post
      02-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
BAMFM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi SQ5

Dinan DCT Software Issues (Install)

I saw the Dinan 50% off software sale and immediately jumped on it for my 2013 M3. Went to the dealer, got an excellent price and they started the work.

At first there was some sort of issue with the username, which wasn't their fault. Once we finally got it sorted out, they hooked up the cable and went to load the DCT software and it got stuck at 0%. Tried again and same result.

Switched computers and then it said "DME is locked, contact Dinan support". Switched back computers and it was stuck at 0%. At this point I had to leave, so they unplugged everything and started the car. Dinan says absolutely nothing had been writing to the ECU or else if it were partially installed the car would not drive.

A transmission malfunction appeared on the iDrive...I forgot what it said but something about being in PARK. Restarted the car and it drove perfectly fine on the way home.

Once I got home, I pulled the codes and got:
CDB8 - Message (speed demand DKG, B8)
CD9D - Message (gear data, BA)
CDB4 - Message (transmission data 3, 3B1)
CD9E - Message (gear data 2, 1A2)
CDB0 - Message (display gear data)

I am hoping maybe SSP can chime in here and maybe explain what is going on, if anything. The car is running fine, but I have been told by the dealer they've been in contact with Dinan all day and they're saying for some reason they can't upload the tune and they think something else is maybe going on. Up until this point, I have not had any transmission related codes on the car, I checked a few months ago and there was nothing.

Could it just be throwing random codes because of the attempted flash? Ideas or things to keep an eye on? Car is my daily driver.

Car has 32k miles on it for reference.
13 Mineral White E92 M3 (Sold)
11 Melbourne Red E92 M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0