02-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #383
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
I'm with you on that
with an unbeatable inflation rate in the economy, believe it or not, the car price has not gone up as much as other material goods.

dealing with new regulations (economical and environmental), developmental cost and production cost, manufacturers will continue to do what they do now.

There will be more models available to customers but they will be a lot more similar than before, just like what you mentioned with Mercedes, what we are seeing in BMW models, and what we see in the recent VAG with their MQB chassis shared in almost all model lineups, basically same base with different roof pretty much. It only makes these "old" E90 M3s with their dedicated engines even more valuable and special.

We will need new cars eventually, you are right. My daily in the next 10 yrs will probably be a turbo or hybrid, awd, 1speed electric motor or a 15speed triple clutch (lol), gets 60mpg, and a hybrid chassis that I'll have hard time calling it an SUV, SAV, Hatch or a wagon. But in my garage for the weekend, I'll rather have a NA s65 M3, a mint S2000, or a 997.2 GT3 6MT with a Mezger motor.
To be fair, VAG has been doing this since the stone age which is why I'll never buy a car from them.
People in the US make fun of GMC/Caddy/Chevy but in Europe VAG shares the same chassis and identical engine/tranny combos between Audi, Volkswaken, Seat and Skoda. The two last ones don't exist over here, but they are lower cost versions.
There are multiple instances where the same car wearing an Audi badge is, say, 29k. Then the Skoda clone is literally 19k. That's a big difference for nicer styling, etc.

I bought a mint 2011 E90 last year to go with my 2013 E92. These cars are really, really special, but eventually it is inevitable that I will have to buy a new car
Appreciate 0