View Single Post
      02-07-2017, 10:24 PM   #378
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
exactly how I feel now about the BMW brand...
it was my favorite brand, all started with a e36 blk 328i sedan, still think it's one of the greatest bmw....e34s, e39s, e46s, e90s....

the f30 and f10s I started thinking I'm not sure where BMW is going with this... you lift up an old e90 325i and a new f30 328i, from little as under panels to suspension components, you can 100% tell BMW is now going cheap/mass producing rather than building one complete fine machine.
and this week I'm seeing the new 5 series on the road, and with that tiny "M" badge on the side for the M pack cars....this brand has diluted to death and I have 0 interest in this brand...
Back in the days, BMW did give a fuk about engineering, putting high rev motor with individual throttle bodies in their M specific engines, not that it made the car go 10 sec faster on the Ring compared to other competitors, but because they loved the racing nature of the engine and driving response/dynamic of such technology.
Now, we're seeing inline 6 with Mitsubishi turbos into all of the lineup models from 1 series, all SAVs, 7 series to M2/3/4, fake sounds thru speakers, impressing customers with new drive screen and led taillights and CF lip spoilers....
Completely agree. The smart enthusiasts notice these important letdown first but the masses are slowly catching up. I'm seeing BMW / Hyundai / Kia belonging to the same car segment before long with the Koreans steadily rise and bmw's failure to keep ahead in quality and unique designs. Our car segment wants quality and original daring new designs over cost cutting cheap 'new technologies' and bmw is not delivering anymore.
I knew about the M4 turbos, Mitsubishi 100% made in Japan. If I didn't own an E92 today to somewhat mellow down my judgement of bmw i would classify bmw as an automaker to avoid due to no longer justifiable price tags with massive cost cutting in quality of materials and no bespoke engines no more, all generic cheap mechanics with M tags 360 all over.
Appreciate 0