View Single Post
      12-25-2016, 10:08 AM   #6
vm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
Thanks very much. That is very helpful. I've not seen the Recaro seat option added to the VO before.

I understand what most of the items you list should be set to 'not-active'. The side airbags, are these the airbags in the seats or door frame?

If they are the seat airbags, makes sense to use 'not-active' as airbags are not present in motorsport seats.

Also do you know what happens to the passenger airbag above the glove box? Will that still fire at all times in a suitably fierce accident or is the seat occupancy effectively telling the car that it is unoccupied?
Side airbags are on the seats so you need this unless you are retrofitting the BMW performance seats, which have integrated side airbags. Regarding the front passenger airbag, it "should" fire at all times whether there is a passenger or not. I said should because this is the opinion held at the coding forums but I don't know if it has been tested in an actual crash. Also some things are model year dependent like the active head restraint, which are on 09+ and maybe the seat position sensors.
Thanks to the OP for putting all this in a single post as it takes some fishing to find all the info.
Appreciate 0